Manuscripts in Review
- “Force Generation by Membrane-Associated Myosin-I", S. Pyrpassopoulos, G. Arpağ, E. A. Feeser, H. Shuman, E. Tüzel*, E. M. Ostap*, submitted. *co-corresponding authors.
- "The kinesin-like proteins, PpKAC1 & 2, regulate actin dynamics underlying chloroplast photo- relocation in Physcomitrella patens", Z. Shen, Y. -C. Liu, J. Bibeau, K. Lemoi, E. Tüzel, and L. Vidali, J. Integr. Plant Biol. 57, 106-119 (2015).
- "Transport by populations of fast and slow kinesins uncovers novel family-dependent motor char- acteristics important for in vivo function", G. Arpag*, S. Shastry*, W. O. Hancock**, E, Tüzel**, Biophy. J. 107, 1896-1904 (2014). *co-first authors, **co-corresponding authors. Featured on the journal webpage/email alert.
- "Selection of functional human sperm with higher DNA integrity and fewer reactive oxygen species",
W. Asghar, V. Velasco, J. L. Kingsley, M. S. Shoukat, H. Shafiee, R. M. Anchan, G. L. Mutter, E. Tüzel, U. Demirci,
Adv. Healthcare Mater. 3, 1671 (2014).
- "Exhaustion of racing sperm in nature-mimicking microfluidic channels during sorting”, H. Safaee, X. Zhang, S. Tasoglu, J. L. Kingsley, P. N. Catalano, U. A. Gurkan, A. Nureddin, E. Kayaalp, R. M. Anchan, R. L. Maas, E. Tüzel*, U. Demirci*, Small 9, 33743384 (2013). ∗co-corresponding authors.
- “Motor transport of self-assembled cargos in crowded environments”, L. Conway, D. Wood, E. Tüzel, J. L. Ross, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 109, 20814-20819 (2012).
Featured in Science Daily and WPI Research Blog.
- "Apical myosin XI anticipates F-actin during polarized growth of Physcomitrella patens cells”, F. Furt, Y.-C. Liu, J. P. Bibeau, E. Tüzel, and L. Vidali,
Plant Journal 73, 417-428 (2013).
- "Quantitative Analysis of organelle distribution and dynamics in Physcomitrella Patens Protonemal Cells", F. Furt, K. Lemoi, E. Tüzel, and L. Vidali, BMC Plant Biology 12, 70 (2012).
- "Organelle Dynamics: A Tale of Fusing Nucleoli", E. Tüzel, Current Biology 21, R395-R397 (2011) (Dispatch).
- "Actin interacting protein1 and actin depolymerizing factor drive rapid actin dynamics in Physcomitrella patens", R. C. Augustine, K. A. Pattavina, E. Tüzel, L. Vidali, and M. Bezanilla, Plant Cell 23, 3696 (2011).
- "Loop formation in microtubules during gliding at high density", L. Liu, E. Tüzel, and J. L. Ross, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 23, 374104 (2011). (Featured in IOP's “Lab talk”)
- "Myosin XI is essential for tip growth", L. Vidali, G. Burkart, R. C. Augustine, E. Kerdavid, E. Tüzel and M. Bezanilla, Plant Cell 22, 1868 (2010).
- "Dynamics of thermally-driven capillary waves for two-dimensional droplets", E. Tüzel, G. Pan and D. M. Kroll, J. Chem. Phys 132, 174701 (2010). An image from the paper has been chosen as the journal cover. Here is a link to the issue.
- "Taking another look with fluorescence microscopy: image processing techniques in Langmuir monolayers for the twenty-first century", B. L. Stottrup, A. H. Nguyen, E. Tüzel, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes 1798, 1289 (2010).
- "Anterograde microtubule transport drives microtubule bending in LLC-PK1 epithelial cells", A. D. Bicek*, E. Tüzel*, A. Demtchouk, M. Uppalapati , W. O. Hancock, D. M. Kroll, and D. J. Odde, Mol. Biol. Cell. 20, 2943 (2009). *These authors contributed equally to this work.
- "Static and dynamic properties of a particle-based algorithm for non-ideal fluids and binary mixtures", T. Ihle, E. Tüzel, Prog. Comp. Fluid Dyn. 8, 138 (2008)
- "Mesoscopic model for the fluctuating hydrodynamics of binary and ternary mixtures", E. Tüzel, G. Pan, T. Ihle, D. M. Kroll, Europhys. Lett. 80, 40010 (2007).
- "Analysis of Microtubule Curvature", A. D. Bicek, E. Tüzel, D. M. Kroll, D. J. Odde, , Ed. Y. Wang and D. Discher, Methods in Cell Biology 83, 237 (2007).
- "Dynamic Correlations in Stochastic Rotation Dynamics", E. Tüzel, T. Ihle, D. M. Kroll, Phys. Rev. E 74, 056702 (2006). (PDF)
- "Constructing Thermodynamically Consistent Models with a Non-ideal Equation of State", E. Tüzel, T. Ihle, D. M. Kroll, Math. Comput. Simulat. 72, 232 (2006).
- "Consistent Particle-based Algorithm with a Non-ideal Equation of State", T. Ihle, E. Tüzel, D. M. Kroll, Europhys. Lett. 73, 664 (2006).
- "Equilibrium Calculation of Transport Coefficients for a Fluid-particle Model", T. Ihle, E. Tüzel, D. M. Kroll, Phys. Rev. E 72, 046707 (2005). (PDF)
- "Resummed Green-Kubo Relations for a Fluctuating Fluid-particle Model", T. Ihle, E. Tüzel, D. M. Kroll, Phys. Rev. E 70, 035701 (2004). (PDF)
- "A Thermodynamic Model for Prebiotic Protein Function", E. Tüzel, A. Erzan, ARI, Bull. ITU, 54/1, 19 (2004).
- "Transport Coefficients for Stochastic Rotation Dynamics in Three Dimensions", E. Tüzel, M. Strauss, T. Ihle, D. M. Kroll, Phys. Rev. E 68, 036701 (2003). (PDF)
- "Hydrophobic models of protein folding and the thermodynamics of chain-boundary interactions", A. Erzan, E. Tüzel, Braz. J. Phys., vol. 33/3, p.573-588 (2003).
- "Monitoring Diffusion of Reptating Polymer Chains by Direct Energy Transfer Method: a Monte Carlo Simulation in Three Dimension", E. Tüzel, K. B. Kısacıkoğlu, Ö. Pekcan, Macromol. Theory Simul. Vol.11, 678-686 (2002).
- "Evolutionary Route to Diploidy and Sex", E. Tüzel, V. Sevim, A. Erzan, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol. 98, Issue 24, 13774-13777, (2001).
- "Strategies for the Evolution of Sex", E. Tüzel, V. Sevim, A. Erzan, Phys. Rev. E 64, 061908 (2001). (PDF)
- "Testing a Hypothesis for the Evolution of Sex", B. Örçal, E. Tüzel, V. Sevim, N. Jan, A. Erzan, Int. J. Mod. Phys. C, 11/5, 973-986 (2000).
- "The Dissipative Dynamics and Relaxation Behaviour of a Generic Model for Hydrophobic Collapse", E. Tüzel, A. Erzan, Annual Reviews of Computational Physics VIII, Ed. D. Stauffer, World Scientific (2000).
- "Dissipative Dynamics and the Statistics of Energy States of a Hookean Model for Protein Folding", E. Tüzel, A. Erzan, J. Stat. Phys. 100 (1/2), 405-422 (2000).
- "Glassy Dynamics of Protein Folding", E. Tüzel, A. Erzan, Phys. Rev. E, 61, 1040 (2000). (PDF)
- "The Statistics of Energy States of a Hookean Model for Proteins", A. Erzan, E. Tüzel, Turk. J. Phys., Vol:24, 295-310 (2000).
- "Simulation of Interdiffusion in Between Compartments Having Heterogenously Distributed Donors and Acceptors", E. Tüzel, K. B. Kısacıkoğlu, Ö. Pekcan, Polymer 41, 7539-7546 (2000).
- "A New Critical Point and Time Dependence of Bond Formation Probability in Sol-Gel Transition: a Monte Carlo Study in Two Dimension", E. Tüzel, M. S. Özmetin, Y. Yılmaz, Ö. Pekcan, European Polym. J., Vol. 36/4, 727 (2000).
- "A GPU Accelerated Virtual Scanning Confocal Microscope", J. Kingsley, Z. Chen, J. Bibeau, L.
Vidali, X. Huang, E. Tüzel, IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC), September 2014.
- "Accelerating a Novel Particle-based Fluid Simulation on the GPU", Z. Chen, J. L. Kingsley, X.
Huang, E. Tüzel, IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC), September 2013.